Long reds from Kemps Creek.
So what to do with these hot wonders?
Just make sure if taking out the seeds, the hottest part, use gloves or they burn your fingers. If the seeds are gone the kids can eat them.
Stir Fry with Chillies
Chilli Fried Rice
Recipe Type: Stir fry
- Chilli Fried Rice
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce or oyster sauce
- pinch ground pepper
- 3 tbs oil
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced Can also use capsicum, carrots finely sliced, small corn.
- 3 Red long peppers, chopped
- 2 coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, wedges
- 1/2 onion, chopped (run under water after taking outer skin off then chop)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/3 cup, tofu or meat of choice, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion Optional
- 2 eggs, fried and diced – add last
- Precook rice in rice cooker but not completely or boil until just soft so add less water.
- In a wok heat oil then add garlic and chilli, followed by onion and stir. Add meat (not tofu). Cook around 3 minutes. Take out and put aside.
- Put in more oil add eggs spreading over wok. Cook and put aside.
- Put in other ingredients (tofu) with oil and stir gently for 3 minutes then add sauces. Followed by rice. Stir. Then last add meat. Stir soflty. Serve with lime slice.
- The trick is don’t overcook the rice or meat.