Harvest Hub – Homemade Caramelised Chilli Jam
This week Harvest Hub – Homemade Caramelised Chilli Jam Pack that does the lot.
See Veature Veg #5 Caramelised Chilli Jam Pack: 1 kg brown onions, peeled and diced or sliced into fine onion rings; in the bag pre-mixed – crushed chillli, cinnamon stick, bay leaves and rosemary.
So, let the Festivities Begin: with a gift of homemade caramelised Chilli Jam.
Harvest Hub makes adding zest to life easy with this simple sure fire recipe. It ends up a magnificent dark red, coloured by the chilli, the balsamic vinegar and by caramelisation. It is not hot and the kids love the taste on biscuits…get them to close their eyes. Spread on Bowan Island (Drummoyne) sour dough bread with some Mersey Valley Vintage, Pecorino or vintage cheddar cheese or indeed a slice of ham. (All at Harvest Hub)
We dare you to give all your Homemade Caramelised Chilli Jam jars away. We couldn’t – we ate them all.
- Use the Harvest Hub Caramelised Chilli Jam Pack – Add:
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 100g of brown sugar
- 150ml balsamic vinegar
- 150ml of veg or beef stock (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat the saucepan and add the olive oil. Add the onions and then the chilli jam pack and season a little with salt and pepper. Cook slowly until the onions become sticky, add the sugar and vinegar, stock and cook until the liquid is reduced.
- This has been known to take up to two and a half hours, with some stirring, but the taste is worth waiting for. Take out Bay Leaf.