Ok, we’ve done the hard yakka for you: ready to eat freshly squeezed Pomegranate.
It’s deseeded a delicious and incredibly healthy pomegranate, scooped out the seed and juice into a punnet – ready to sprinkle over a salad, breakfast cereals – or just spoon them straight into your mouth as they come.
The pomegranate is a nutrient dense food source rich in phytochemical compounds. Pomegranates contain high levels of flavonoids and polyphenols, potent antioxidants offering protection against heart disease and cancer.
A glass of pomegranate juice has more antioxidants than red wine, green tea, blueberries, and cranberries.
Health Benefits of the Pomegranate
- Most powerful anti-oxidant of all fruits
- Potent anti-cancer and immune supporting effects
- Inhibits abnormal platelet aggregation that could cause heart attacks, strokes and embolic disease
- Lowers cholesterol and other cardiac risk factors
- Lowers blood pressure
- Shown to promote reversal of atherosclerotic plaque in human studies
- May have benefits to relieve or protect against depression and osteoporosis
What more can we say?