Golden & Black Russian Baby Truss – see recipes below
From our favourite truss tomato growers in Clybucca – north of Kempsey – comes this flavour bursting riot of colour. As part of our effort to remove plastic from our packing shed – yes! – they will be the first product to be packed in cardboard punnets.
Oven Truss Tomatoes
- 1 bunch truss tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- fresh herbs (thyme, oregano, bay leaves, marjoram)
- Goats cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and lay the truss tomatoes on the sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Sprinkle fresh herbs over the tomatoes. Roast for 45 - 50 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside until needed.
- Serve as a salad with a bit of goats curd.
Avocado & Baby Truss tomato salad
- 300g pasta of your choice
- For the dressing:
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tps dijon or american mustard
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- For the salad:
- 250g baby truss tomatoes, halved
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 2 red onions or spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 - 2 avocado, halved, peeled, coarsely chopped
- To make the pasta:
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water cook the pasta until al dente. Drain.
- To make the dressing:
- In a bowl combine oil, lemon juice and mustard and whisk. Then add salt and pepper to taste.
- To do combine:
- Place the pasta, then following with tomato, baby spinach, shallot and avocado in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine adding dressing.