Passionfruit on Easter weekend.
Panama Passionfruit abound this week and you might like to make the Banana passionfruit bread.
Banana passionfruit bread
Recipe Type: Cake
This bread is a healthy snack and something the kids can help make.
- 134g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 20g regular flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 70g brown sugar
- 64ml milk
- 1 eggs, light beaten
- 25g butter, melted
- 1 over ripe banana, mashed
- 2 passion fruit
- 25g oats
- 25g shredded coconut
- Spray olive oil
- 100g ricotta
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Oil a loaf pan then line with overlapping baking paper.
- Ina bowl sift the flours, cinnamon, and sugar. In another bowl place milk, eggs, melted butter, banana. Using a sieve remove seeds (keep seeds for garnish) from passionfruit and add to this bowl.
- In one bowl then combine wet and dry ingredients stirring while adding oats and shredded coconut. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Top with some passionfruit seeds and shredded coconut.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Serve cold or toast.