- Fresh Spinach with Sesame Seeds – Side dish
- Ricotta Spinach Gnocchi with carrot sauce
- Fillet of sea bream roasted with shredded English spinach and pumpkin
Fresh Spinach with Sesame Seeds
- 3 – 4 leaves English Spinach chopped OR 150g baby spinach
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- ½ tbs canola oil or peanut oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tbs toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the canola or peanut oil in a wok or a large sauté pan over medium heat, and sauté the garlic for 20 seconds; do not let it get brown. Add spinach and toss lightly with tongs, so that all pieces cook evenly.
- When spinach is lightly wilted, remove from heat, drizzle with sesame oil and toss. Add sesame seeds and toss again. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Ricotta Spinach Gnocchi with carrot sauce
- 2 potatoes
- 20 English spinach leaves, chopped
- 300g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups plain flour
- To make carrot sauce:
- 2 tsp butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 stock of vegetable cube, crumbled
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 4 tsp water, extra
- To make Gnocchi:
- Steam potato until soft and press through a sieve into a bowl. Add spinach and cheese to bowl and mix.
- Knead flour ¼ cup at a time. Knead dough on lightly floured board and dhape into small balls. Place a ball of mixture into pam of habe and press with floured prongs of fork. Repeat with other balls of dough.
- To a pan of boiling water add gnocchi and boil for 2 minutes then drain, keep warm.
- To make carrot sauce:
- In a fry pan heat butter and add in onion and cook until soft. Add carrot, water, stock cube and tomato paste. Bring to boil and cover whilst simmering. When soft take off and blend in processor. Return to clean pan and stir in blended cornflour and extra water. Stir until boils. Pour over gnocchi and serve.
Fillet of sea bream roasted with shredded English spinach and pumpkin
- 240g Fillet of sea bream g.120g per person
- 100g English Spinach, shredded
- 150g Pumpkin flesh, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1onion, sliced
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Fresh ground salt and pepper
- Season the sea bream fillet, brown in a pan with a drop of olive oil for around three minutes, then keep warm. In a fry pan sautee the diced pumpkin and onion, season with salt and pepper.
- In a blender make a sauce by putting in olive oil, the soy sauce and the clove of garlic. Blend.
- Dress the fillet of sea bream with the sauce placed on a serving plate with the pumpkin, onion and spinach leaves and serve immediately.