Kiwi – Did you know ??????
…….. if you have a kiwi in the morning it is an ‘engine starter’? Fibre, fibre, fibre.
Loads of kiwi in this week’s bag. Better than oranges for Vitamin C. Fives time better.
It’s a natural immune booster . So get into them and help reduce those colds and flu. Anything else in it? Almost the alphabet in vitamins and other good stuff.
- A? Did we say,”Eh or A?” Vitamin A good for skin, bone, teeth.
- B6? B1? B2? Nooooo B6. Great when breastfeeding.
- EEEEEEEE …. So exciting. Twice the amount found in avocados/ half the calories.
- Ffffffibre…..fibre. Keeps the engine running smoothly.
- K? Did we say, “K?” Yep, Vitamin K which helps with blood clotting.
Copper? A trace element to finish. Copper for bone growth and brain development. This also helps with the formation of healthy red blood cells so increases the immune system.
Antioxidant power?? – yes,yes and yes.
[A definition: Antioxidants are one of the first lines of defense that the body employs to keep free radicals in check and prevent them from causing a domino effect of damage on other cells.] Note there are many different types of antioxidants and so you need a variety of fruit & vegetables to get these.
Simple explanation in a video how antioxidants work:
Kiwis delivers similar effects when it comes to neutralizing free radicals that can damage cells that can cause inflammation and cancer.