Hi everyone, See below for suggested food items needed to drop at your Hub this Week 1551 the 15 to 19 December 2015.
We’re working again with Nathan Moulds and the Salvos Team at Ivanhoe estate to give the residents a Christmas they won’t lightly forget!
On Tuesday 22nd December, the Salvos will put on a Christmas dinner cooked by executive chef Peter Brewty and his team from Crunch Catering (Macquarie University), with food donated by Harvest Hub members. There will also be toys and food hampers.
But we can’t do it without your help – so please take a minute to read below how you can donate or get involved:
- Donate $1 or more via Product Ordering page (see Weekly Specials at the very top of the page). Harvest Hub will match dollar-for-dollar and convert the donations into food hampers
- Donate a Bag: When you go away or don’t need an order, rather than cancelling it, you can donate it instead. Just send us a quick email letting us know which week(s) you wish to donate, and we’ll divert your order to Ivanhoe. You can do this for any week during December and January. If you’ve already cancelled your order for this week, just let us know and we’ll recreate under Donated Orders.
- Donate food items: that the Salvos team can pack into the Christmas hampers. These hampers are provided to hundreds of households throughout the City of Ryde who are doing it tough. Nathan has specifically asked for packaged food items to go into Asian-style hampers (see list below). If you can donate any of these, please drop it off to your Hubster. Harvest Hub will collect and take them to the Salvos warehouse.
- Donate time: Donate some of your time on Tuesday 22nd December and help the Salvos run this event smoothly. You’re welcome to join – even for a few hours or so – from 9.30am onwards until the close around 8.30pm. However, most resources will be needed between 4pm and 9pm to set up the tables, serve dinner, tidy up afterwards and ‘bump out’. Last year, some members brought their kids along to help so that they learn the importance of giving. If you’d like to help, please email Nathan on email@example.com
Food items suggestions: (they are making up themed Hampers so this is why this one is more Asian flavoured).
- Soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Curry sauce jar
- Chili sauce jar
- Can of grass jelly
- 1kg bag of rice
- Cooking oil (vegetable)
- Dried vermicelli noodles
- Rice paper rolls
- Can of lychees
- Packet dried shitake
- Packet of barley
- Packet dried green bean
- Packet of instant noodles
- Can of button mushroom
- Can of bamboo shoots
- Bon bons
- Cans of chrysanthemum tea drink