Pendle Hill Meat Wholesalers started out as a small goods company 40 years ago curing hams and then branched out into meat. They supply to clubs, restaurants and now to Harvest Hub. It’s restaurant quality meat – no old cows here. ” We grow it on our own farm and it comes straightaway to the shop'” – butcher Scott Lee.
This week we feature a range of Specials in the bag including premium mince and chuck steak. We thought you might like to try something different and add the Spice Peddler Spice mixes to the meats. Here are some recipes.
Moroccan Maghreb Meatballs and Balinese Curry – Spice Peddler ‘Balinese Spice Rub’.
- 500gm premium mince (Purchase from Harvest Hub)
- 1 tbs Maghreb Spice mix – Spice Peddler
- To taste if needed salt & black pepper
- In a large bowl mix ground beef with seasonings. Knead the mince to evenly disperse the seasonings. Then make meatballs and in a frypan with oil sauté for about 10 minutes turning them. To present these you can pop them on a skewer.
- 500g Diced Chuck (Harvest Hub), braise
- 1 cup of beef stock
- Olive oil
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1-2 tbs ketchup manis (Indonesian Sweet soy sauce)
- 1-2 tbs Balinese Spice Rub
- Heat a heavy based pan with some olive oil and brown in batches the chuck then set aside in a bowl. Clean the pan then reheat on low adding olive oil adding a tablespoonof Balinese spice and fry for 5 to 7 minutes to release the flavour. Add in the browned meat with beef stock, coconut milk and ketchup manis.
- Simmer for 3-4 hours, until the meat is tender. Keep an eye on it and top up with liquid if required.
- To make vegetarian simply add vegetables instead of meat.